DATE OF BIRTH : 02.01.1956
- M.A. Economics.
- Ph. D. Education
- Certificate in Journalism
- Certificate in Differentiated Instructional Strategies from WIDE-Harvard University, USA
- Attended a program on Project Zero- (Multiple Intelligences Theory in practice) with Dr. Howard Gardner in July 2008 at a campus programme at Harvard University, USA
- Accredited tutor for Harvard University’s WIDE Online programs on Differentiated Instruction
WORK EXPERIENCE: 35 years
- 8 years (1981-1988)-Parimalam Matric. Hr. Sec. School, Hosur as Principal.
- Founder Principal of Sishya School, Hosur. (1989)
- Correspondent of Sishya School since 1994
PAPERS PUBLISHED/ PRESENTED:
- Has published many papers at National and International conferences through the AIAER and for CBSE’s CENBOSEC
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION:
- Awarded the Tamilnadu State Runner Position in the AIR INDIA-THE HINDU DINAMALAR –B.O.L.T. CONTEST FOR TEACHERS –2004
- CBSE award for teachers –2004
- Best Teacher Award By The Lions Club Of Hosur-SIPCOT 2004
- Lady Kalyani Sivaswamy Ayyar Award for Best Teacher-2010
- At the International level Dr.Vasanthi has received the Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching in 2011 for a 4 month Action Based Research Program in the University of Maryland, College Park, USA.
- Founder-Chairperson of Hosur Sahodaya Schools(CBSE) Complex.
- CBSE-Award for Principal Mentors : 2011
- National Award to Teachers 2012 : Government of India.
- Outstanding Educator in Residence-Govt. of Singapore/Ministry of Education 2014
- Appointed as Observer by the CBSE in the AISSCE AND AIEEE Examinations and the Central Teacher Eligibility Test -2011
- Member of Inspection Committee for Affiliation by the CBSE
- Member of the Tele- counselling Team of CBSE since 2006
- Examiner in English Course A-Class X in 1996-for the CBSE
- Centre Superintendent for CBSE - AISSE/AISSCE EXAMS
- CBSE Master Trainer for CCE / ASL / SGAI
Dr.Vasanthi has designed the following Trainer Manuals for the COE- CBSE: Classroom Management; Understanding Ethics and Integrity; Life Skills; Value Education; Career Guidance for Schools; Experiential Learning; Happy Teachers create Happy Spaces; Strategies for a Happy Class room; Change Management for teachers; Change Management for Principals; Integration of the Arts in Education through Experiential Learning; Linking Learning Outcomes to Authentic Assessments. Story Telling as a pedagogical tool, NEP-Empowering Teachers/ Constructivism/ Fundamentals of Experiential Learning/ Creating a conducive Learning Environment in Schools.
She is the Master Trainer in all the above mentioned modules for the Centre Of Excellence-CBSE. Dr.Vasanthi is one of the reviewers of Experiential Learning Handbook of CBSE Dr.Vasanthi has also trained over 1000 plus Principals and over 5000 plus teachers so far on various modules.
- CBSE Mentor-Monitor for CCE implementation
- CBSE City Coordinator for Verifiction of Evidences of Assessments.
- Centre Superindentent for CBSE Exam Centre
- Chief Nodal Supervisor for CBSE Evaluation
Dr.Vasanthi has been appointed by the Chairman CBSE as part of the panel to examine the Holistic Progress Card design for CBSE . Dr.Vasanthi is also in the Affiliation Inspection panel of the CBSE since 2000.
Dr.Vasanthi is a Committee Member of the SQAA-CBSE that is reviewing the Quality Assurance in Schools and is also a Committee Member of the MOE ‘s initiative and the committee on Mental Health of the students community called MANODARPAN
- Founder of the Programme for Environment Awareness in schools (PEAS) in Sishya School and functioning as Nodal Centre for PEAS in Hosur.
- Organised Adult Literacy Drives conducted by students of Class X, in nearby Villages in Hosur.
- Founder-Vice-Chairperson, HOPE (Hosur Organisation for Promotion of Excellence in Physical Education
- Currently elected as District Commissioner (Guides) Hosur Educational district.
- Nominated by the former District Collector Krishnagiri, Dr. Santhosh Babu as Founder member and Executive Committee member of VISION HOSUR-CSR Initiatives-a citizens forum to identify problem areas in Hosur and initiate solutions through public support and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- St.John's Ambulance-Life Membership.